According to Telecoms regulator Ofcom, Virgin Media provides the quickest widely available superfast broadband package in the country. With download/streaming speeds ranging from 50 MB/s to a whopping 152 MB/s, Virgin’s packages are especially good for gamers, heavy downloaders and larger households with a shared internet connection. Television is provided through the highly-regarded Tivo service (up to 179 cable channels, plus on-demand and pause/rewind/record).
- Superfast broadband and phone packages can start from £15 per month for the 100 MB/s service plus weekend calls; or the same price can also get you the slower (50 MB/s) broadband service but includes 57 cable television channels via Tivo.
- Virgin also provides competitive deals on home and mobile phone packages, with SIM only mobile deals starting from as little as £5 per month.
- A good range of customisable offers allows you to choose the phone, tv and internet package that suits the needs of you and your family.
- For those not living in one of Virgin Media’s cable network areas, the provider also offers a more traditional copper-wire broadband and home phone service. You will, however, not be able to receive superfast broadband or television without cable.
- Virgin also offers a home wireless broadband service (speeds up to 50 Mb/s) that does not require a landline and therefore no line rental charge applies. However, as with all services from all providers, you need to make sure that Virgin Media services operate in your area as they do not yet have countrywide coverage.