The Post Office has branched out and is now offering good value standard speed broadband and home phone packages with simple and competitive tariffs, a few decent optional add-ons and a shorter contract than many other providers. The additional benefit of cheaper line rental makes the Post Office worth considering as a budget option.
- Cheaper line rental – at £13 per month, this is a couple of pounds less than the average charge. You can also save more money by paying annually, taking the cost of line rental down to just £10 per month.
- 12 month contract, unlike the 18 month standard contract offered by many ISPs.
- You can get a standalone home phone package if you don’t use the internet.
- Standard speeds (not fibre optic enabled), but as high as your phone line will allow.
- Add-ons include mobile minutes, International Saver, and Evening/Weekend/Anytime calls.
- Two bundles – Essential has inclusive UK weekend calls, and a 10 GB per month internet usage allowance for lighter web users; Premium offers the same thing, but with unlimited internet use. Web use is, however, subject to a pretty strict fair use policy, meaning that you can expect some slowdowns at peak times.
- UK based technical support